Linear fireplaces are extremely popular right now, with their sleek modern design it is not difficult to see why. Homeowners and designers alike are opting to include these elegant fireplaces in their renovations and new homes, providing a ‘wow’ factor in even the simplest of rooms.
What is a Linear Gas Fireplace?
A linear gas fireplace is a type of fireplace that comes in a long, rectangle shape.
Despite being fueled by gas, these fireplaces provide a captivating flame effect to entertain or relax around much like a real wood fire. Linear gas fireplaces are a great option when a traditional wood heater is not a viable option. They do require venting but the flue pipe can terminate horizontally on an external wall. There is no need to build a chimney stack or have the vent go vertically through the roof.
What are some features of a Linear Gas Fireplace?
Linear gas fireplaces have a range of unique features that make them a good heating choice for your home.
- Effective heating abilities
- Sleek design
- Variety of sizes available to suit any space
- Minimal clearance requirements (can be built into a timber frame and have a TV mounted above)
- A range of visual finishing options inside the fire (glass, stone, logs)
Why should I choose a Linear Fireplace?
- They are convenient. There is no need to waste time collecting firewood and attending to the fire to get it to work. Heat your house at the push of a button by using the simple remote or wall switch. Linear fireplaces also typically come with an adjustable thermostat, so you have full control over your room temperature.
- They can be used in places that traditional wood fireplaces can’t. Linear fireplaces do not need a chimney as such, meaning they can be used in spaces where it is often impossible to install a wood heater. All you need is wall space with access to an external wall and the appropriate power and gas connections.
- They are a good source of heat. Linear fireplaces are very effective at heating large spaces. They produce plenty of radiant and convection heat and as they turn down such a long way they can be more decorative for times when you need a little more ambience.
- They look good in any space. Linear fireplaces are a modern favourite in the design world and with good reason. These heaters look sleek and elegant, transforming any area to a space that exudes luxury. They come in a range of sizes and designs, allowing you to choose something that matches your intended aesthetic. As many models feature accent lighting, you can choose to have the lights on without flame. The light bounces off the realistic logs or shines through the contemporary glass styles.
- They create a relaxing, romantic ambience. You will not be missing a thing by choosing a linear fireplace over a traditional wood fireplace. These heaters can set the mood as well as any traditional fire, generating a lovely flickering light that creates a soft, romantic mood.
Linear fireplaces are easy to use, look great and are versatile in all spaces. If you think a linear fireplace might make a good addition to your space, give us a call, and we can provide you with further information.